Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy International Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! It has now been five years since my family has had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner!  I am in Chiang Mai, and my parents and siblings decided to celebrate in Canada this year. While I don't love Thanksgiving (Unpopular opinion: I think the food is overrated!), I do enjoy reflecting on all of the things I am thankful for in this world.

I'm thankful for my family. You guys keep me sane, support me, and let me follow my dreams. I would be nothing without you mom, dad, Mick, and Cali. I love you more than words could ever express and I've spent most of today thinking about how lucky I am to have a cool family.

I'm thankful for my friends. I am lucky to have friends that are as close as family and add joy, life, and make my world a better place. I'm humbled to have the privilege to be a part of your lives and I am grateful for everything that you bring into my world.

I'm thankful for a world that I believe is inherently good and I'm thankful for all the people out there who work tirelessly to make the world better than how they left it. I am thankful for those who dedicate their time, effort and resources to making the world a better, more just, equal place for all inhabitants. It's 2016, let's accept one another.

I'm thankful for education. I received an incredible education and now I get to pass it along to my own students. Education has the power to make the world a better place by improving people's lives. Throughout my journey in Chiang Mai, I am reminded of the idea that education is a right, not a privilege for the select few. Education is empowering and changes lives and everyone should have the opportunity to receive an education.

I'm thankful for so many things in this world. Sometimes life is difficult and it is easy to forget that the world is good. I hope everyone takes time to remember the good in the world and tries to bring even more good into it. Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment