Monday, November 14, 2016

Insta Recap #12

It has been a long time since I've posted an Insta Recap! I like sharing these posts, since I'm able to explain a bit more about what I post on Instagram. Without further ado, let's get into these pictures!

One thing I love, that a certainly get from my parents, is a junk shop. I love sifting through junk, vintage, and thrift to find the best treasures. In Chiang Mai, the thrifting is incredible! At one of the junk shops, they have tons of celadon plates, dishes, and bowls. I love the color since it reminds me of my mom (hi mom!). I bought a plate and I couldn't resist posting a picture of the blue-green ceramic wear.
One thing I cannot get enough of: young monks. When I arrived in Phnom Pen, we saw all of these monks sitting outside of the Royal Palace and I could not resist taking their picture. They loved that I wanted to take a picture(Probably because they thought I was crazy)!

After the night bus from Phnom Pen to Siem Reap, we sat at the rooftop pool of our hostel before we could go into the city. At 5 a.m., I tried to take a picture of the sunrise, even though it was cloudy, and I loved this sign pointing to all the major cities in Asia and other important cities from around the world!

As I mentioned in my last post, I threw some pottery in Siem Reap. The daughter of the instructor, who was maybe six years old, took this insanely beautiful photo of my hands making a bowl.


Seeing Angkor Wat at sunrise is a popular draw for tourists. While getting up at 4 a.m. wasn't very fun, seeing Angkor Wat illuminated by fresh sunlight was pretty spectacular!

In Phnom Pen, the Central Market is one of the most popular tourist attractions due to its French-inspired architecture. Most of the market sells tourist junk, but the building is completely worth seeing, especially the pastel yellow mixed with the light blue on the outside of the building.

Chiang Mai is my second time sharing Halloween with many people who have never celebrated this candy-filled holiday. Since I don't have many costume pieces here, and it's difficult to find costumes in a place that doesn't celebrate Halloween, so I dressed up at Winona Ryder's character from the show Stranger Things. To complete the look, we DIYed the wall from the show to make my costume extra special!

Another young monk at Angkor Wat. One really cool thing that happened to me at Angkor Wat was being blessed by a monk while there. While it wasn't this young one, he was sitting there just asking to have his picture taken.


In Siem Reap, I went to a shop that carried products that are handmade by Khmer women that are all paid a fair wage and all the products are fair trade. The shop has a workshop as well, where tourists can go to see where the goods are made. When I saw these candles drying, I loved the lines and the gorgeous red color of the wax.

Bua Thong, or the Sticky Waterfalls, is one of the top tourist attractions in Chiang Mai. It is about an hour from the old city and it is an amazing ride through the countryside of Thailand. The waterfalls do not get slippery, so you can completely climb up the entire thing! It is absolutely amazing. Nature is too cool and humans need to step up and make sure we protect these natural wonders.

Hope everyone enjoyed hearing a bit more detail about what I've been up to! Hopefully, I'll be posting some more adventures soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete